Tuesday 20 August 2013

A very suspicious accident?

I make no secret of the fact that I love Slovenia, everything about it really, well maybe with the exception of Slovene politics and bureaucracy. However, I have found a way to distance myself from the bad and the ugly and just have the good.  Utopia!  The only sad part of this fact is, that in order to do that, I actually had to move out of the country and now just dip in here and there to savour the good points and the best it has to offer. It is always difficult when the time comes to pack my bags again and leave, its at times like that when I start to forget why I moved away in the first place. Only this year I have been so lucky, you see I had this slight accident, quite painful really, but it means I get to stay an extra SIX WEEKS!  I am sure the doctors in the hospital thought I had fallen on my head rather than my ankle, I couldn't stop smiling and joking as the knowledge that I had broken my ankle sunk in and I realised it meant I could prolong my visit this year.  I am so fortunate.
So my poor put upon friend drove me back to the apartment where we are staying, helped me hobble up the stairs and here I sit, by day sunning myself in temps of over 28 degrees still  and gazing on  beautiful mountain sunsets from the balcony while I eat my dinner and all in the knowledge that I still have another four weeks of this before I can finally drive  home.  But who knows?  there are an awful lot of stairs around here.... 


taken from my balcony with an iphone

I think I'm facing West, don't you?



No comments:

Post a Comment